We're Creating A Video Documentary
As part of the Parish Jubilee, we are creating a video documentary of our parish history, which will be shown at the church on Friday, Sept. 15, 2017 at 1:30 PM and again at 7:30 PM, and also will be available for purchase.
We Need Your Stuff!
We would like to include personal effects and memories that you, the people of the parish, have. We are currently completing our collection of these items from all years of the parish's history.
What we already have:
- Virtually all parish bulletins published (which began Feb. 1968).
- "Moreana" editions (which began Sept. 1971).
- The LP records created by the Folk Group ("Come Alive", "Our Factory of Love", "Godspell").
- Parish Council minutes.
- Long Island Catholic and secular press (Newsday, NY Times, etc.) articles/photos.
What we still need:
- Photos/videos of sacraments received at STM (your baptisms, confirmations, weddings). Special need for ones taken at the old Factory.
- Photos/videos of the construction of the original Parish Center and 3 major events (march and ground breaking on 7/25/1971, march and first Mass on 10/22/1972, dedication on 11/25/1973).
- Any prayer cards, buttons, fliers or other printed material that reference specific STM events or people.
- Personal memories: Were you on a committee (or, in the case of those that have passed away, was your late spouse)? Even if you weren't, do you have a special memory of parties, liturgies, our clergy? Did you march from the factory to the new Parish Center? Did you teach religion or run a RAP group? We would love to hear about it. We really would love to have you speak about it on camera (this is a video documentary, after all) but if you want to share "off-camera" that's ok too.
All documents/prints/slides will be handled with the utmost care, scanned and returned promptly. We can work with you if you have 8 mm video.
How to contact us
If you can help us out in any of the areas mentioned, please drop us an email so we can discuss further at a special address we've set up for this project: firstname.lastname@example.org. Or, if you run into me please feel free to speak about it directly.
Thank you in advance!
History Project Coordinator